100% POSITIVE SEAL
An Isomag is a sliding face bearing isolator where the closure means utilising magnetic force, rather than axial face lading by springs or bellows. This design technology, coupled with their unique face combination, sets a standard ahead of other bearing protection devices. Isomags hermetically seal the shaft in all low pressure centrifugal applications. When the equipment is operating or on standby, there is no aspiration of air or liquid across the faces. Isomags are easy to install, are tolerant of misalignment and perform equally well in dry running or liquid lubricated environments.
Isomag bearing isolators offer all metallic primary construction and are both ANSI, API 610 approved. IsoMag magnetic oil seals outperform both lip and labyrinth seals and offer a range of benefits.
- 100% positive seal bearing protection with or without shaft rotation
- Zero shaft wear
- Bi-directional seal
- Nickel-plated neodymium magnets resist corrosion
- All materials rated to 400°F
- No exposed moving parts
- Self-aligning faces
- Increases equipment MTBF
- Prevents lubrication loss and eliminates contamination (solids, liquids and steam)
- Reduces heat generation and maximizes seal life
- Isolates magnets from lubricant
- Handles low AND high speed applications
Retrofitting of bearing isolators with Isomag magnetic type bearing protector
- Onsite data collection by TESCO Engineers
- In house application engineering and size selection
- Technical proposal & onsite installation assistance
IsoMag Bearing Seals: Superior Performance Compared to Labyrinth Isolators and Lip Seals
Isomag’s unique design utilizes lapped flat faces to create a 100% positive seal that is governed by magnetic energy. Unlike lip seals, IsoMag bearing isolators do NOT damage your host equipment and can increase your Mean Time Between Repairs by 1000%. Unlike labyrinth isolators, Isomags perform reliably in all types of lubrication systems, including oil mist.
- Lip seals use equipment’s shaft as the primary sealing surface, causing wear to your host equipment.
- Lip seals average life cycle is 3-6 months, leading to frequent downtime and less MTBR.
- Isomag’s o-ring driven sealing face rotates with the shaft, causing zero wear on your equipment.
- Isomag’s average life cycle is 5-10+ years, which greatly increases the MTBR of your equipment.
- Labyrinths are designed with an inherent leak path.
- Labyrinths only work well in certain lubrication conditions (e.g. circulated, splash) but are not efficient in others (e.g. oil mist, bath, flooded).
- Isomag’s design utilizes lapped flat faces that create a 100% positive seal leaving no leak path.
- Isomags seal efficiently in all lubrication conditions, and are currently the only isolator that achieves zero stray mist leakage in oil mist applications.
Article supplied by ISOMAG